Appoint justices to the United States Supreme Court who will uphold our laws and our Constitution. The replacement for Justice Scalia will be a person of similar views and principles who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.
- Defend the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States. Nobody is above the law.
- Uphold our freedoms, constitutional values and principles that our country was founded on.
- Protect our Constitutional liberties.
- Protect and defend the bill of rights, including the freedom of religion, speech, press and right to bear arms.
View Donald J. Trump’s list of Supreme Court Justice Picks, here
View Mr. Trump’s position, here.
- Defend the Second Amendment of our Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.
- Nominate United States Supreme Court justices that will abide by the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States that includes upholding the Second Amendment.
- Enforce the laws on the books. We need to get serious about prosecuting violent criminals.
- Expand and bring back programs like Project Exile and get gang members and drug dealers off the street. When we do, crime will go down and our cities and communities will be safer places to live.
- Empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement does a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time.
- Fix our broken mental health system. All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common – there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We must expand treatment programs, and reform the laws to make it easier to take preventive action to save innocent lives. Most people with mental health problems are not violent, but just need help, and these reforms will help everyone.
- Defend the rights of law-abiding gun owners:
- Military bases and recruiting centers – to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
- National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states
- Background checks – we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
- Gun and magazine bans – the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own
- The next President of the United States could appoint as many as four Supreme Court justices. [CBS News, Jan. 5, 2016]
- Hillary Clinton could remake America by appointing the most extreme far-left Supreme Court threatening our basic rights and freedoms. [Newsweek, May 2016]
CONTRAST WITH HILLARY CLINTON
Hillary Clinton could shift the Supreme Court radically to the left. In a Washington Times article, Senator Orrin Hatch stated, “The next president’s picks mean the difference between democracy and tyranny”. [Donald J. Trump Press Release]
- Under the Obama-Hillary Administration, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) admitted to targeting hundreds of conservative organizations. Using the federal government to target and silence political opponents. [Washington Post, May 10, 2013]
- Hillary Clinton has proven that she holds no respect for the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States. She lied to the American people and to the FBI regarding the use of her private email server and sending classified information:
- Hillary Clinton believes that she is above the law by having a private email server set up in the basement of her home while serving as Secretary of State. She sent classified information, even during her travels overseas, jeopardizing the national security of the American people by allowing her emails to be hacked by foreign intelligence services.
- FBI Director James Comey even stated that Secretary Clinton was “extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information”. [FBI Statement on Hillary’s Personal E-mail Server, July 4, 2016]
- Hillary Clinton would give more authority and power to the federal government while stripping state rights. [The Hill, June 25, 2015]
- Hillary Clinton will appoint radical Supreme Court justices that will virtually abolish the Second Amendment.
- Hillary Clinton will overturn the Supreme Court ruling that affirmed the Second Amendment as a private right, so that any city or state in this country can ban private gun ownership.
- NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre explained: “If she could, Hillary would ban every gun, destroy every magazine, run an entire national security industry right into the ground” and put gun-owners’ names on a government registration list. [NBC News, May 20, 2016]