- Make America energy independent, create millions of new jobs, and protect clean air and clean water. We will conserve our natural habitats, reserves and resources. We will unleash an energy revolution that will bring vast new wealth to our country.
- Declare American energy dominance a strategic economic and foreign policy goal of the United States.
- Unleash America’s $50 trillion in untapped shale, oil, and natural gas reserves, plus hundreds of years in clean coal reserves.
- Become, and stay, totally independent of any need to import energy from the OPEC cartel or any nations hostile to our interests.
- Open onshore and offshore leasing on federal lands, eliminate moratorium on coal leasing, and open shale energy deposits.
- Encourage the use of natural gas and other American energy resources that will both reduce emissions but also reduce the price of energy and increase our economic output.
- Rescind all job-destroying Obama executive actions. Mr. Trump will reduce and eliminate all barriers to responsible energy production, creating at least a half million jobs a year, $30 billion in higher wages, and cheaper energy.
Read Donald J. Trump’s 100-Day Action Plan, here.
- Energy costs the average American household $5,000 per year. As a percentage of income, the cost is greater for lower-income families. [Fox News, Sept. 3, 2015]
- Shale energy production could add 2 million jobs in 7 years.
- The oil and natural gas industry supports 10 million high-paying Americans jobs and can create another 400,000 new jobs per year. [The New York Times, June 20, 2015]
CONTRAST WITH HILLARY CLINTON
- Clinton has vowed to “defend and build on” the Obama Administration’s anti-coal regulations, which has earned her support from environmentalists but led to concerns from labor unions. [Donald J. Trump Press Release, Sept. 7, 2016]
- President Obama’s anti-energy orders have weakened our security, keeping us reliant on foreign sources of energy.
- At the same time President Obama lifts economic sanctions on Iran, he imposes economic sanctions on America. His onslaught of regulations has been a massive self-inflicted economic wound and have denied millions of Americans access to the energy wealth sitting under our feet. This is the American People’s treasure, and they are entitled to share in the riches.
- While Hillary Clinton doesn’t want American energy, she is strongly in favor of foreign energy. Here is what she told China as Secretary of State:
- “American experts and Chinese experts will work to develop China’s natural gas resources. Imagine what it would mean for China if China unleashed its own natural gas resources so you are not dependent on foreign oil.” [Donald J. Trump Press Release, July. 31, 2016]
- Hillary Clinton will continue President Obama’s goals of reducing methane emissions by 40-45 percent through standards for both new and existing sources, which will drastically increase the cost of natural gas [Donald J. Trump Press Release, Sept. 7, 2016]
- Hillary Clinton will escalate the war against American energy, and unleash the EPA to control every aspect of our lives:
- She declared that “we’ve got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels,” locking away trillions in American wealth.
- In March, Hillary Clinton said: “by the time we get through all of my conditions, I do not think there will be many places in America where fracking will continue to take place.” Keep in mind, shale energy production could add 2 million jobs in 7 years.
- Hillary Clinton says her plan will “put a lot of coal companies and coal miners out of business.” [The Wall Street Journal, Oct. 28, 2015]
- According to the Heritage Foundation, by 2030, the Obama-Clinton energy restrictions will eliminate another half a million manufacturing jobs, reduce economic output by $2.5 trillion dollars, and reduce incomes by $7,000 dollars per person [MilitaryTimes, July 20, 2016]